Pit Crew Mobile Tire Store is different in many ways.
Some believe we are different because we have been exclusively mobile since 1991. In reality, the difference is the passion we have for providing the best service in the industry.
We are second to none!
Our equipment is first class because we believe our customers are first class, too! At Pit Crew Mobile Tire Store we believe we’ve set the standard in the tire industry.
- In 1991 we were the first mobile tire store to provide our customers with spin-balanced tires with the WB260 snap on spin-balancer. This was unheard of in the tire industry. Other mobile tire services were still using bubble-balancers. (Most sophisticated service shops use a spin-balancer that more accurately balances the tire. A bubble-balancer depends on “a keen eye,” or human nature to balance a tire. The spin-balancer takes the human element out of the process.)
- In 1991 we also were the first to use a Mag machine on a mobile basis. Back then the industry standard was a Coats 4040 tire changer. The Coats RC5AA Mag machine was an exclusive all air- operated machine used by Sears & Roebuck Co. in their auto service centers.
- In 1993 we upgraded our mode of transportation to a 16-foot Chevy step van. We installed in our truck the finest equipment in the industry, exclusively using Hunter equipment such as the TC3500 Tire Changer, and then we added the GSP 9700 Road Force Tire Balancer. This machine previously was only found in high-end auto dealerships.
- In 2001 Pit Crew Mobile Tire Store went climbed the technology ladder with a new mode of transportation for the next generation of equipment and a 16-foot box of technology excellence. That came in the package of a 20,000-pound GVW Isuzu truck and the first retail operation to be filling customers’ tires with nitrogen. Nitrogen was not even thought of in the US yet, but was being used in Europe on cars that drove the German autobahns (high-speed roadways). To that objective, we purchased an industrial/hospital grade nitrogen generator from Air Product, the world leader in nitrogen generation. This gave us the capability of creating 99.9% nitrogen for our customers. And what a difference high purity nitrogen makes (Just ask our customers).
- Now outfitted with a new generation GSP 9712 Road Force Machine, in 2005 we added smart weight technology software for a superior balance before it was offered to the tire industry. This software delivers a superior balance by using static elimination or reducing the amount of unneeded weight when balancing your tires – a first in the tire industry!
- With our new EVO series TC3500 tire changer – a Motor Sports Package – we had an exclusive add-on package not previously available to the U.S. market.
- In 2007 we added the Rav pit. One of only 10 machines in the US.
- In 2014 we purchased our current location. We suspended our mobile service and now operate out of a physical location and added an Accuturn 752 pro. Which is the first fully hydraulic lever-less (touch less) tire changers in the industry. After requiring this machine we modified it further and are able to use for all of our trucks, SUVs, trailers, and trucks and golf carts.
So if you are now wondering how we get this stuff before everyone else. Well, let’s just say we have a passion to be the best, and to be the best you have to have an inside source. So now you know the inside scoop of Pit Crew Mobile Tire Store.